Join Printmaker, Robert Tommy Pau, in a 5 hour workshop where participants will learn printmaking techniques.
This workshop is suitable for all abilities. During the first session, participant will transfer their drawings/ line work onto a linoblock. Participants will learn cutting and carving techniques plus additional mark making methods including scratching and sanding. In the second session participants will be introduced to the printing press where they will print their artwork and have the opportunity to re-work and re-print.
Session 1: 9AM — 12PM
– Introduction / outline of expectations
– Experiment with line making on lino and learn different lino cutting techniques
Lunch Break: 12PM — 1PM
Session 2: 1PM — 3PM
– Introduction to printing press, inks and printmaking techniques
– Printing your artwork
– Lino cutting tool
– Vinyl (2 pieces per person)
– 6B pencils
– Paper (2 pieces per person)
What to bring
– Lunch and snacks (there are no shops in walking distance to the Studios)
– Notepad and pen if you wish to take notes
– An old t-shirt or protective apron for printing (recommended)
– Your artwork and ideas to transfer onto linoblock
ROBERT TOMMY PAU
Tommy is a descendant of the Eastern Torres Strait Islands, Australian Aboriginal, Papua New Guinea, Pacific Islander and Asia. He speaks Torres Strait Creole and Australian English. He was taught about the need to keep culture strong through cultural practice by his father. He has a strong commitment to keeping old traditions alive and believes that culture must remain true to the past and move with time to exist in the future. Tommy has considerable experience in the arts and his art forms of choice include printmaking, painting and sculpture.
Limited spaces available (Max 10 participants)
Suitable for participants aged 18yrs+