‘Deep North’ is an ongoing project which examines interrelationships between ecology, psychology and the differing time scales within the landscapes of Far Northern Queensland. Produced over a ten year period the images chart the teeming surfaces, stilled recesses and storied topographies of these environments. The series considers the superimposition of spatial and biogeographical histories within the landscape creating dialogue between their political and mythopoetic associations.
– Read the article in TropicNow
– Artist Interview with ABC Radio Far North presenter Charlie McKillopp
– ABC News – The Mix: Episode 45
– Q&A: Traditional Burning with Victor Bulmer
– Deep North essay by Matthew Dunne
Limited works from Matthew Stanton’s handprinted photographic collection are available for purchase from the NorthSite Store.