NorthSite Contemporary Arts is thrilled to announce a partnership with Situate Art in Festivals to deliver SITUATE 22 23… and open the Call Out for Artists from Queensland to APPLY NOW!
SITUATE 22-23 is A PROGRAM DEDICATED TO THE CREATION OF AMBITIOUS WORK BY REGIONALLY BASED EMERGING AND MID-CAREER ARTISTS within the context of social engagement.
It prioritises artistic excellence while also ensuring that the process and outcomes benefit both artists and communities alike.
The 22-23 program is designed to address a growing global trend among artists interested in generating a diverse range of art experiences that reflect both their distinctive identities and their relationship to place and community.
SITUATE 22-23 is a two-year program of activity that will scaffold one Queensland-based early to mid-career artist to undertake research and development of new place-based artwork for Queensland communities.
The SITUATE Labs held in Tasmania are a substantial component of the program, supporting participating artists to realise ambitious new artwork as well as developing long-term, sustainable networks and careers.
SITUATE 22 23 is led by Emma Porteus (Executive Producer of Situate Art in Festivals) with provocateurs Adam Wheeler (Artistic Director of Tasdance) and Mary Scott (Situate 22 23 lead artist).
Partner Organisations are:
• Punctum in Castlemaine, VIC: https://www.punctum.com.au/
• NorthSite in Cairns, QLD: https://northsite.org.au/
• Watch this Space in Alice Springs, NT: https://www.wts.org.au/
• DADAA in Freemantle, WA: https://www.dadaa.org.au/
[Situate 22-23 is supported by the Federal Government’s Reinvestment to Sustain and Expand Fund (RISE).]
WHO CAN APPLY
If you are a Queensland-based artist or creative practitioner, over 18 years of age, who has been practising for less than ten years you are eligible to apply.
WILL I BE PAID?
We will cover the following expenses for participants taking part in the SITUATE 22 23 Lab including:
• An Honorarium of $1500 per Lab ($3000 in total)
• A contribution of $5000 towards research and development of your project idea, plus a dedicated producer and artistic mentor.
• A contribution to travel costs if you are required to be away from your home.
Expressions of Interest for Queensland-based Artists close: 1 Feb 2022